Saturday, September 15, 2012

Nora's Nursery


I've been meaning to post pictures of Nora's room for a while.
I still have a few changes to make but who knows when I'll get to those, so here it is.
Please try to ignore the awful dark pink carpet. Awful.  Someday we'll replace it.  Someday.

I wanted her room to be girly, but not too girly.
As far as decorating for a girl.... I'm not really a super pink kind of gal so I just used colors that I loved.... with just a little bit of pink. :)
A lot of what I used to decorate is thrifted or made but if you want to know where anything was purchased just leave a comment and I'll be happy to tell you!

This first picture is a glimpse of pretty much the whole room, taken with my fisheye lens.


With the help of some friends I made this quilt and another just like it that is much bigger.
This little one is for Nora to keep and the bigger one we gave to her birthmother.
Both have the scripture on them, "I thank my God upon every remembrance of you." -Philippians 1:1


 That picture of Jimmy holding Nora (and the other on the dresser of both boys and Nora) was taken soon after we brought her home.  It was their first time meeting and holding her.  Such a precious moment.

 My cute sister-in-law made the quilt on the crib.  I love it.





The frames were my grandmother's.  I've had them since she passed away but couldn't decide what to do with them until now.  I spray painted them white and framed the fabrics and lace.

 My mama made that beautiful quilt (on the chair above) for Nora.  I wish you could see it up close.  It's absolutely amazing.  She also stitched the cute buggy that is in the brown frame on the shelf. She's one talented lady.






 This is an IKEA bookshelf turned on it's side and I just made a cushion for seating.
The cubbies hold books/albums and baby toys and puzzles.


I still need to find something for that frame (above).



Well, there you have it.
I hope you like it.

It's fun having a girly room around here!




Linked up:
Nap Time Crafters          Somewhat Simple
Finding Fabulous               Brambleberry Cottage
It's a Hodgepodge Life          House of Hepworths
Chic on a Shoestring             What-about.co
Romantic Home                    Craftionary
The Shabby Nest             French Country Cottage
Be Different Act Normal                      Craft Envy
I Heart Nap Time                       DIY Showoff
Homemaker on a Dime              Sumo's Sweet Stuff
CraftOmaniac                 Under the Table and Dreaming
Sugar Bee Crafts              A Stroll Thru Life
Coastal Charm          Today's Creative Blog
Not Just a Housewife                Hope Studios
Stringtown Home                Tip Junkie


7 comments:

Mrs. Osmond said...

Ummm... that is amazing Liz seriously beautiful. I'm impressed with every detail and that you thrifted or made so much of it. I'm still working on my boys room and its soo empty. I do have a question- how do you find time to make things or thrift with now 3 littles? Seriously i would love to know, and how you have time to blog too, and the many other things you do.... anyway love the room!

Mandy @ Sugar Bee Crafts said...

super super cute!

Molly said...

You are SOO talented! I love her room. It's beautiful!!

brian and amanda said...

SOOO cute! i love multi color. we are planning to do the same. and i LOVE your globe, we want one as well! :)

do you love your area rug? is it a shag rug? we are wanting to get one but i don't want it to be linty.


www.wewouldlovetoadopt.blogspot.com

Stacy Risenmay said...

Beautiful! I love the bright colors against the white. SO precious :)

DIY Show Off said...

Such a sweet space! So much personality and charm - and I love the special meaningful touches. Beautiful job! Thank you SO much for sharing your creativity. Great pics too! ;)

Brandi Miller said...

Where did you get that crib?!?!